Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Hobbit

I wanted to re-read this epic book before the movie comes out next month. It has been a very long time since I have read it and it was fun to get a blast from my past.
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
What can I say more right?
Well I was actually surprised by a couple of things. For one, those Dwarfs where caught and nearly killed or thrown in jail by everyone they came in contact with. I guess you could consider that they played it safe not fighting their way out every time, but come on, every time being captured? Didn't make them seem very tough, more foolish than anything.
Second, they were also the luckiest Dwarfs ever because they got out of every situation as well, with the extreme help of Bilbo of course.
They were a funny bunch though; I enjoyed the friendly banter and look forward to that in the movie.
The book was shorter than I remember; which wasn't a bad thing just more of a surprise.
I look forward to the movie. I hope with all the extra stuff they are adding in that it will be awesome.
I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
It was fun and a classic but I have enjoyed more resent author’s style of writing a little more.
 

No comments: